4811 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp Storageworks DAT 72x6 external speed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Chan_3

hp Storageworks DAT 72x6 external speed

Use with Adaptec 29160 and Ultra III 68 pin at both ends cable but SCSI BIOS boot up saw speed 40 only not 160??!

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Regards
Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: hp Storageworks DAT 72x6 external speed

This is his specification, anyway a DDS tape is a serial device and it is very slow compared to HDD access, so you do not need more speed on the bus.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11985_div/11985_div.html#Technical%20Specifications
Chris Chan_3

Hi Marino,

I asked this question because when I used Arcserve with the drive the backup speed can only reach about 150M / minute which I think is too slow.

Chris Chan
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hello Chris Chan,

Usualy the Backup software give just an aproximate value, they do a pure calculation: time start minus time start of the job, reported to the ammount of data. You can understand that you have a in this calculation also the time spent for the prebackup phase, time out due to remote disk calculations, and several other extra time where data are not been transfered.
Also the transfer rate may depend of the data in the server, with highly fragmented data, you can have a slow data transfert.

You can use L&TT to check the transfer rate of your SCSI subsystem (hba > DAT) with the test "Dev Perf"

Marino