4651 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp dat 40 internal usb drive not recognised by veritas backupexe 10

pesch
Occasional Contributor

hp dat 40 internal usb drive not recognised by veritas backupexe 10

HI,
The HP dat40 usb internal drive is not recognised by the backupexec 10 , but recognised in the device manager and it's possible to use NTBACKUP to save data.
the latest driver 1.5.3.1 is installed.
can somebody suggest any kind of solution for this problem !
7 REPLIES 7
Shameer.V.A
Respected Contributor

Hi pesch,

Have you tried by using the driver provided by backup exec for dds4 drive???

Please check the following link.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/nav_bar/clustersearch.asp?SrchPageID=techsearch.asp&crumb=&highlight=on&SearchArea=All&rc=25&display=&SearchTerm=hp+dat+driver&ddProduct=BEWNT&ProductVersion=&ddOS=OS6002&method=and&group=on&include_techfiles=1&search=Search+Now

Regards,

Shameer
.... See invisible, feel intangible and achieve impossible as everything is possible ....
pesch
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
My dat is a StorageWorks DAT 72 USB (not dat 40) HP^^^^^^C7438A, USB 2.0, 4mm Tested in the "Backup Exec 10.x for Windows Servers Standalone Drives Hardware Compatibility List". Product ID : C7438A, Firmware Revision : ZU5A
I have the last driver which refers to the HCL's footnotes.
Regards
Pesch
Amal el-hawrani
Occasional Advisor

Hi Pesch,

Can you please provide your full system details, i.e. platform, O/S and O/S revision no. (what is the latest service pack installed).

Also did you install backupexec after installing the tape drive?

If so, try exiting the application, then power cycle the drive and then restart the app and see if the drive is recognised.

If that doesn't work, try re-starting backupexec service via the computer management GUI service.
Shameer.V.A
Respected Contributor

Hi,
Try to reinstall the backup exec. While installing it will prompt you for "whether to use windows driver for tape drive or install backup exec driver" Select Backup exec driver.

We have tried this method & it worked fine. But it was an ultrium 1 ( HP 230) drive. Same method should work in your case also.

Hope these informations will help you.

Regards,

Shameer
.... See invisible, feel intangible and achieve impossible as everything is possible ....
Ilya Bourim

Try upgrading the firmware on the tape drive and re-install backup exec. I am doing this right now, see what happens.
Ilya
Ilya Bourim

Aloha!

Yes! It looks like it worked!
So flash the firmware on the tapedrive, then re-install the Backup Exec. It should be there.

Ilya
MGomez

I'm using Backup Exec 10 with windows 2003 SP1 and an extertal usb dat 72. I've tried installing the last service pack (sp 4), and still does'n work, Backup Exec can't see the Dat.
It has the last firmware.
Any suggestion?

Thansk