1753408 Members
7184 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp dat 40e autoloader problems

jeremy_26
Occasional Contributor

hp dat 40e autoloader problems

I just purchased your dat40e autoloader and it doesnt seem to change tapes after each job. It always wants to backup on tape 1! I select tape 1 and load..this should put it in stacker mode. My backup software is sending an unload command...i can see it after the job completes but the next day the drive uses tape 1 again.

I have it setup here to back up every 15 min for testing purposes and every time it starts a backup it goes to tape 1. The drive is locked so i cant change tapes after running the first backup. I am wondering why it isnt going on to tape 2 etc after each backup! I am getting very frustrated.

I am running Veritas backup Exec v. 8.6 with my autoloader on a windows 2000 server.

What is the problem?? Any ideas anyone. I am fresh out!

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business) - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: hp dat 40e autoloader problems

(1) This forum is not necessarily monitored by HP
(2) Have you contacted Veritas Support? It's a software issue, the tape drive is doing what it is told.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
jeremy_26
Occasional Contributor

no i have not. I wasnt sure if it was a software or hardware issue.
jeremy_26
Occasional Contributor

anyone have any idea how to get the autoloader 40x6e into random mode? HP's manuals suck. I cant tell what mode i have this thing in. Veritas it telling me that it must be in sequential mode...i am assuming that is the same as stacker mode.

My docs say to see the cd rom for more information but the cd rom says see the cd rom for more information as well??????

Chirst you would think if you spent $3000 on a backup drive you would get some papers that make sense

anyone have any ideas?
Jeff Technician 7
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jeremy

Is LUN ( Logical Unit Number ) Support enabled in the BIOS? This will allow the drive to be treated as 2 different devices ( a drive and the autoloader mechanism ). This may help if it is enabled..

Thanks

Jeff