4296 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp storageworks 1/8 autoloader ultrium

hugo santos
Occasional Contributor

hp storageworks 1/8 autoloader ultrium

hi,
First of all.. sorry for my bad english.
i have connected an autolader in scsi card amd AM53C974-C. The drivers of the scsi card are installed as weel as the drivers of the autoloader.. but when i run the software "HP L&TT" it simply doesn┬┤t recognize the autoloader.
could someone help me on this?

thank you.

regards
6 REPLIES 6
ltt.team
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Is there a Red X mark against the devices in the ├в Products├в tab? If yes, stop RSM and other applications locking the device before initializing LTT.

If there are no devices found in the ├в Products├в tab even after the hardware, then there is a possibility that LTT├в s commands are not supported by AMD Am53C974 adapter. The commands issued by LTT are generic SCSI commands that are supported by most of the controllers.

If you upload the EventLog.ltt, we can confirm if the adapter is supporting the commands or not?

Regards,
Satya
LTT Team
hugo santos
Occasional Contributor

hi ltt.team

i believe that you are right, LTT commands are not supported by this scsi card.

thank you so much for repling my msg.

best regards

Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

That card is really old. I haven't seen one in years and I know that the 1/8 has not been tested with that card. It is very possible that the card you are using won't support that 1/8 autoloader. There are SCSI features that autoloader uses that weren't even defined when your card was made.
Mikhail Nesterov
Occasional Contributor

good morning, day or evening. for a few last monthes i'm beating with the problem:my autoloader (c9572cb) one day stopped backuping. sometimes it did a backup but it was really rear. i've used hp storageworks library and tape tools and there were some mistakes. But I can't understand the real reason. here're they:
1. Test 'LTO Drive Assessment test' started on device 'HP Ultrium 2-SCSI' at address '4/0.5.0'
Warning: Drive is showing a large variation between channels.
The drive is no longer recommended for use.
| ||__ Please contact hp support for further assistance.
2. ... m, i'ld attach tests.txt file, may be someone could help me
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

For the last posting - when the L&TT assessment test reports that a drive is no longer suitable for use the only option is to replace it.
hugo santos
Occasional Contributor

hi,
could someone please indicates me 2 or 3 scsi cards that work with my autoloader..
it is very urgent, i need to backup a few servers..

(hp storageworks 1/8 autoloader ultrium )

thanks