108781 Solutions
New Discussion

hpe library and tape tools

alireza_babri
Established Member

hpe library and tape tools

hi there

I was checking my tape drive health on hpe L&TT 

I was just wondered how many meters an lto 8 inventory adds on meters pulled of the drive and if anybody has any information about lifetime duty cycle

regardings

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: hpe library and tape tools

System recommended content:

1. HPE Library and Tape Tools

2. HPE Library and Tape Tools 6.0 User Guide

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

Gans_Tapes
HPE Pro

Re: hpe library and tape tools

@alireza_babri  The total tape length is 960m for LTO7 and 8. You may refer to the article. below. 

HPE StoreEver LTO-8 Ultrium TapeDrivesTechnical Reference Manual Volume

Page 21: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00041063en_us  

HPE LTO-8 ULTRIUM 30TB RW DATA CARTRIDGE (Q2078A) Data sheet:

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/PSN1010419339UKEN.pdf

An 'inventory' for tape media in an autoloader/library does not involve loading tape to read data but instead it uses the stored information from the library database. An inventory with reference to a library runs usually when magazines are opened and closed or on larger library upon an open/close of a door.  But the library robotics scanner captures data of tape media using the barcode label. However the inventory initiated from backup application may be different as the application will need to identify the data on tape hence a tape load to a drive is additionally needed and that's when the tape length count increments. The L&TT utility has rules which it uses to identify and flag the components based on the  stats collected.  

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

You can check the tape drive health status from L&TT.
I would suggest, you have to log a proper case with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.
If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

alireza_babri
Established Member

yes I meant inventorying by backup applications such as veeam backup or veritas backup exec cause it loads the cartridge into the drive 

So I wanted to know if inventorying by application changes the drive meters pulled

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest, you have to log a proper case with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.
If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo