1753865 Members
7620 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

internal scsi dat72 drive error

Andreas Thulin
Occasional Contributor

internal scsi dat72 drive error

we have a server that was subjected to a power failure. Since then the internal scsi attached dat72 drive in the server has not worked. The "Clean" light is on steady and the drive immediately ejects any tape loaded into it. When I start Library and Tape Tools it says that it is starting in restricted mode. Thinking that the drive firmware might have become damaged I tried to reapply the firmware (Ver. ZP5A, it is current according to Tape Tools). The update failed with a status of "Device Not Ready". The Tape Tools report contains the following error:
SCSI Test Unit Ready returns status check condition
SCSI Info : (04 40 02) : Catalog Error: Unable to locate message 16386 of set 5 in catalog 'd_ltodrv

I've also attached the full L&TT report to this message.

Is it possible to force a firmware update by enabling the factory overrides in L&TT? if so, could you send me a password please?

Thanks for any help,

Andreas
3 REPLIES 3
Takako Hirai

Re: internal scsi dat72 drive error

Hi, I have exactly same problem now. Do you remember how did you solve this problem? It would be nice I could share it with you...

Takako
Andreas Thulin
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I contacted HP support and they told me to send in the drive and they'd send me a new one. Most likely you could do the same. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Andreas
Takako Hirai

Hi Andreas,

Thank you very much. I've just done so too. Firmware upgrade is alreays a little trickey...

Takako