5864 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

msl2024

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carmen Gutierrez

msl2024

I have an HP Storage Works MSL2024 G3 Ultrium 960 tape library. Each time i have to open the magazine, the library ask me for a password. How can i disable this password?
3 REPLIES 3
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: msl2024

With the firmware currently available there is no way to disable the password for opening the magazine. No password is required for the mailslot but opening the magazine does require the password.

Good news though. Several users have requested the ability to set an option allowing the magazine to be opened without the administrator password.

We have agreed to implement such a feature and it will be available in a maintenance release which should be ready sometime this summer.
John Manno

I also have this Tape Library and it seems to have a password on it already that is not the default password I need to change it at the console or the web interface can you tell me how please
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Two updates:

First of all firmware has been released that makes the magazine password optional so people can choose to not require the password for magazine removal.

Regarding the later posting which isn't really related to opening a magazine, the procedure for password recovery is to call HP and the call centers have a tool that can use some information from your library and generate a temporary administrator password. Once you have a temp password you can log in and change it to something you can remember.