108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: msl6060 master, slave scsi cabling

martin_113
Occasional Advisor

msl6060 master, slave scsi cabling

Hi

Does anyone know what the SCSI cabling should look like on the slave MSL6060
In a 2 unit configuration with the pass through mechanise?

Each MSL6060 has two Ultrium v3 drives and a NS e1200 тАУ 160 Fibre channel adapter both attached to different fabric switches (2\16 model)
Master Library SCSI cabling is as per section 8 in this document but as it only has two drives it looks like the top half of the 10u model.

I have also configured the master NSR as per section 10 but what about the one in the slave library?

TIA
Martin
2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The communication link between primary and secondary is done via ethernet and the special network hub - NOT via SCSI or FC.

There is also NO primary/secondary NSR.
Just cable the second box like the first and connect the FC from the NSR to your SAN switch.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
martin_113
Occasional Advisor

That is exactly what I have done, however at the server with LTT, I can only see the two drives in the master library if I configure both the NSR as section 10 describes in the document
If I assign the auto map to the NSR in the slave Library, I can see all four drive but get SCSI warnings on the slave library drives when I run the test option in LTT.

A small point that also that need qualifying the SCSI connector on the drives run Vertically one above the other, I am assuming that top and bottom is the same as if they ran horizontally?