1753784 Members
6933 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

problem with C1537 + TapeWare in network

rx7

problem with C1537 + TapeWare in network

hi,

i'm an absolute newby in the world of backups, streamers etc so please don't flame me, but i got a little problem and i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

we got a small lan with 5 computers in our office, and backup becomes more and more important. so we bought the C1537A drive with the tapeware software. the hardware runs fine.

i installed tapeware, and started a tapeware server on the machine with the tape-drive. i created a new job, choosed the files i wanted to save and made a backup, everythng runs fine.

but when i wanna make a backup of the clients over the LAN, it does not work. the clients can connect to the server, but i can't choose any files i wanna store on the tape drive. when i click on the "+" the plus becomes a "-" and nothing more happens.

i'm sure that's a pretty easy and dumb question but everyone must start somewhere, sorry ;)

thanks for reading
Chris
blah
3 REPLIES 3
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: problem with C1537 + TapeWare in network

hi
if you use the software found with the dat, this didn't work on the lan, you need to buy the lan module from Tapeware
bye
marino
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
rx7

tank u for your response.

i use that sofware, but then i don't understand while the whole setup is for a network-enviroment. it wants a server with the backup device etc etc....
i cann install "Options" for Tapeware, but i'm not sure which components b/c i'm not @ work right now
blah
CA780942

You can do the following:

Instructions on how to enable mapped drives within tapeware:
Open up C:/Program Files/Tapeware/tapeware.ini file and make the following changes:
;--------------------------------------------------------------------
; Options for the file system connector
;--------------------------------------------------------------------
[Ods-File System Connector]
;driveEnable=ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ ; enables specific drives Remove the semi-colon from this line and leave only the letter of the SNAP server.
;driveDisable=ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ ; disables specific drives Do nothing to this line

Go into the Windows Service Managment Console and open up the TapeWare service. Click on the Log On tab and select the option to "This Account", and specify the user name and password for the user that will performing the backups.(Administrator).
Click OK to save the settings. Then start the tapeware service and launch the TapeWare Administrator and check to see if the drive(s) exist in the database.

regards