1751826 Members
5377 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problem with e1200

SOLVED
Go to solution

problem with e1200

I have an MSL5030 tape library with an e1200 router card, which disappears from the system all the time. When that happens, I cannot access the card through the serial port or from http. To get it back I must hardware reset the card, reboot library and so on. Event viewer logs the following message:

The device 'Compaq Network Storage Router E1200' (SCSI\Array&Ven_COMPAQ&Prod_NS_ROUTER_E1200&Rev_0319\4&2b40ae32&0&103) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

What seems to be wrong?
24 REPLIES 24
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Which version of router firmware do you have?

I'd recommend updating to 5.3.0b. You can find it here:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3566/co-12621-3/5.3.0b_fw_winston_x.dlx

Is this in a SAN, or direct attach fibre?

If SAN, what kind of hosts?

Library firmware should be updated to 4.23 and LTO1 drive firmware to E38W.

If you have this in a SAN with Windows hosts, are any of them running Compaq Insight Management Agents 6.XX? If so, you should disable the fibre array information agent, or upgrade to version 7.0.0.0.
The journey IS the reward.

All hardware is updated now (I had an older e1200 firmware).
There is a SAN with Windows clients but no Insight Management Agents is running.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Let me know if you still have problems with the newer firmware.

Todays backup failed again, e1200 disappear again from the system...
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Do you have the web interface (visual manager) connected? If so, go to the report page, select printable view, and then save the entire page as a text file. This has all the configuration information, and event logs and trace logs. As you mention the card cannot be accessed after the error, you will have to reset it first. The logs will still be of use, as they keep a previous boot trace. You can post the file, or you can send it to ltt_team@hp.com.

I've sent the log file to HP. I'm waiting for a reply.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

I'll take a look at it this morning.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

Analysis done, and reply sent.
Phil_103
Occasional Advisor

I have the very same problem, What was the outcome ????

I am also unable to update the firmware on my E1200 for some reason. I get a 0x2000 error. One slight difference is that my E1200 is Compaq branded and not HP, and is currently at version 0316 firmware.