1752790 Members
6298 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

surestore dat24 end of media error

Manuel Martines

surestore dat24 end of media error

Greetings,

Setup; DAT24i, Compaq Proliant 1200, Netware 4.11, ARCserve 6.1.

Started getting "End of Media" errors when attempting to erase tapes last week; replaced DAT24i with new unit Friday evening. Erased tape and Friday night backup was successful.

Tried to erase tape on Monday for nightly backup; once again getting "End of Media" errors.

Please HELP!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Tape Libraries and Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Mark Vollmers
Esteemed Contributor

Re: surestore dat24 end of media error

Manuel-

couple things to check. first off, do you have a cleaning tape that you use? do you clean it regularly? secondly, what kind of tapes are you using? there have been a large number of problems with non-hp tapes that go away once hp tapes are used, for whatever reason. related to that is have you tried a brand new tape (or are the tapes you have old)?

Mark
"We apologize for the inconvience" -God's last message to all creation, from Douglas Adams "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish"
Manuel Martines

I am use old tapes
Mark Vollmers
Esteemed Contributor

Manuel-

First off, I'd get a brand new hp tape and pop it in and see what happens. secondly, why do you erase the tapes first before using them? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but can't you just overwrite the old information (just put the tape in and run the backup)? Also, have you checked both the scsi cables and looked for patches that might pertain to this (with Arcserve, netware, etc)?

Mark
"We apologize for the inconvience" -God's last message to all creation, from Douglas Adams "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish"