1747997 Members
4518 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

tape drives

rocaroca
Occasional Contributor

tape drives

i have MSL4048 when i associate one tape drive to a media set i found that this tape associated with another media set automatically aday after, so i want a solution to this problem and thanks

reham elrashidy
5 REPLIES 5
Eric_de_Lange
Frequent Advisor

Re: tape drives

Reham,

What software and OS are you using ?

We need a little bit more description to the problems that you are seeing.

Thanks

-Eric

rocaroca
Occasional Contributor

s.w is Backup exec 2010 & os is windows server 2008

reham elrashidy
rocaroca
Occasional Contributor

my problem in details is for example i want to backup a data on  server1 so i used th e backup exec 2010 and associate a tape to amedia set i called it (srv1 media set) so this tape has all data on db server , aproblem is after a few days i found this tape go and associated to another media set called (srv2 media set) so the data on atape will be lost cause this tape will take abackup from srv2 and overwritten all data from srv1, however this server (srv2) has its own tape but after this changes

srv2 has 2 tapes but srv1 has nothing so when i make abackup to it  i found amessage :there is no media set

reham elrashidy
Eric_de_Lange
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Please make sure you read this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00097075/c00097075.pdf

firstly, if not done already, please disable the Removable Storage Manager service as described on page 16.

thanks,

-Eric

Please send me the L&TT support ticket for the entire library. Please find the procedure,

1. Download the latest version of L&TT software from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=406731&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=406729&prodTypeId=12169

2. Once installed, it should scan for the MSL and all the drives

3. Select a device in the device list (By Product)

4. Click Support on the main toolbar.

5. Click Extract Device Data to generate the report or support ticket.

6. After extracting the device data for the first time, the Extract Device Data button text changes to Refresh Device Data.

NOTE: You should refresh the device data whenever a change is made to the device that can affect the support ticket, such as running a test or loading/unloading a cartridge.

7. After extracting (or refreshing) the device data,choose the option "Save Support Ticket"

Repeat step 3 to 7 for each device.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo