1753317 Members
5616 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: tl891 being in incorrect mode?

Jason Hill_4
Occasional Contributor

tl891 being in incorrect mode?

I am running win2k with backup exec 9.0. I get the everything setup and try and inventory my tapes. I get a message stating "robotic library hardware is in the incorrect mode".

Now I installed win2k because I had this drive installed on an NT machine and it had the same problem. This backup used to work. Now I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do. the drive is a DEC tz89.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?
veni vidi vici
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Taylor_6

I haven't personally seen it but I can tell you what the user manual says about modes.

Library Mode:
This option lets you set the MiniLibrary system robotics operating mode to random, sequential DLT0, sequential DLT1, or sequential split.

Based on that, could you have the library mode set to sequential DLT1 or split when there's only one drive in the unit?
If it ain't broke, leave it alone.
Phil Puleo

hardware: Compaq TL891 MiniLibrary (2 DEC TZ89 Drives)
I am running win2k with Backup Exec 8.6 and I was getting the same message. Unloading all veritas drivers and installing only Microsoft RSM aware drivers solved the problem. Library still takes forever to initialize. Look at Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Q248800 for more help. Anyone else have information on this configuration?