4681 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Class3D San Helath

Elfegume
Advisor

Class3D San Helath

Hello.

I use de SAN Health and I have questions.

I see Blue row (Class3D): Attach picture 3d.PNG

BLUE Review Further investigation is necessary to assess the impact to the SAN

I read in other post, that is problem the isl oversubscription, but I see in the same Excell San Health that 0% use the ISL and Trunk.

I don´t undertand:

- 0% use the ISL and Trunk

- The Row Class3D, why and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Nagarajan_N
Occasional Visitor

Hello

This counter is incremented against the port where the frame enters the switch and indicates that the switch was unable to forward the frame to the next hop before the frame hold time timer expired (i.e. the frame was resident in the switch for >500 milliseconds). This generally indicates congestion at the output port that is causing the switch to have to hold onto the frame. Reasons for this can be some back pressure on the ISLs or the remote server or storage device may have buffer issues. Unfortunately, this counter does not provide any details as to which port is the output port (particularly challenging in switches that are ISL'd to several other switches).

I suspect there coule be some end device which is logging C3 Tx discards on the switch/fabric , clear the port stats switch/fabric wide and check back after few hours time to identify the device and remediate .

Thank you

I work for HPE

Elfegume
Advisor

Thanks, but I haven´t any traffic over my ISL or Trunk connection? is 0%

Thanks!

Nagarajan_N
Occasional Visitor

Hello  Elfegume

Ok, then I guess the report is showing wrong value or kind of refelcting stale value for that counter . with regards to O% utilization of ISL , have you tried bouncing this link at both ends of ISL ? 

Nagarajan N