4870 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SAN switch 8/24 firmware upgrade

Ruben-Garcia
Occasional Visitor

SAN switch 8/24 firmware upgrade

Hello

Hi, I have to update two fiber switches(HPE 8/24 SAN Switch) with 7.0.0.c firmware, and I would like to know where  can I download the most current firmwares, since from the HPE website, I can only download the versions 7.0.2e (17 Dec 2015) and 7.2.1 (4 Mar 2014) ). To download the rest of the versions, it asks me to have an active warranty or support agreement covering StoreFabric. Is there a possibility of getting all the firmware versions by some other way?

Does exist any guide for upgrading the firmware non-disruptively in this switches(HPE 8/24 SAN Switch) ?

Thank you in advance

Ruben Garcia

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

you need a valid contract or warrenty for your device to be able to download firmeware 

versions https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/driverHome?sp4ts.oid=1010828129&pmrsr=0

when you login with your HPE passport to the support site you can add devices to your

profile. you must do this in order to download firmeware.

Regards

Give a KUDO if this helps

Ruben-Garcia
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I do not have any support contract nor warranty for this devices. Does it means , that I do not have chance to download all existing firmwares and apply them to my switches?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Ruben Garcia.

Hi Ruben,

unfortunately, that is true ... you need to have a valid warranty period running for the product or a service contract to get the firmware downloaded from the HPE external web pages ... but if you have the chance to find "somewhere" the Brocade (Broadcom) firmware you are interested in, it is the same for all resellers - therefore you can use it also on your machines.

Regards

Norbert

I am an HPE employee. The opinions expressed above are my personal opinions and not those of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo