1752681 Members
5514 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

StorageWorks 4/8 switch factory reset

greenwulf

StorageWorks 4/8 switch factory reset

Hi everybody

I recently acquired a Storageworks 4/8 switch for personnal lab. I bought it through ebay, but this switch wasn't factory reseted and the seller doesn't have the currently password to access this switch. Is there a way to reset the configuration form this switch ? 

Any help would be appreciated, 

1 REPLY 1

Re: StorageWorks 4/8 switch factory reset

Hello, sure you can reset the passwords on a Brocade unit, but it might cost some extra money because the procedure normally cannot be officially shared. In case you can establish a proper ISL connection to a working switch, you can easily distribute the password database from the known unit to the "unknown" one by using:

distribute -p "PWD" -d "*"

... where the -d option can also be the WWN of the switch shown in the switchshow output.

In case it will not work, try to find the Brocade Password Recovery Notes on the Internet - this document normally cannot be shared, but I'm sure, it is out there.

Only if the previous owner has also set the BOOT PROM password to enter the BOOT menu structure, you would need to contact in example HPE to let them contact Brocade for the backdoor password into it. And that will be for sure cost some money ...

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards

Norbert

Accept or Kudo