4499 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Configure CatalystStore for Backup Exec 16

gafoorgk
Occasional Contributor

Configure CatalystStore for Backup Exec 16

Hi,

We have a StoreOnce 4500 device in our network.  Local service provider configured it to use VTL with Backup Exec 16. I would like to use CatalystStore as well.

I did configure CatalystStore in StoreOnce device and its Fibre Channel settings. Also installed HPE OST Plug-in for BackupExec in backup server. Configured open storage using hp-CatalystStorePlugin in BackupExec. I could see all Stores I created in StoreOnce while adding storage and I chose one. Once storage was added, BackupExec asked to restart services for discovery process. But after the service restart, I see message saying 'This device has not been discovered correctly'. Not sure if I am missing something in configuration or not. Please help.

Raised a support request to HPE. They said configuration support cannot be availed and only break & fix support is available. Local reseller hasn't been very helpful with any requests so far. So, thought of trying here first before going to local service provider.

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
gustenar
HPE Pro

Hello, 

Not sure if you found help on this topic, but here is the user guide for Catalyst OST plugin for BackupExec.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00022293en_us

This covers covers installation and configuration of catalyst stores using the plugin. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Shaan_M
HPE Pro

@gafoorgk

Hello,

Would like to addup with what @gustenar said on your query.

The minimum StoreOnce System software is different for different Veritas OST Plugin/features. To see the StoreOnce software required for the supported OST features please see the Catalyst Application Support pages in the StoreOnce Systems section of the HPE Data Availability, Protection and Retention Compatibility Matrix at www.hpe.com/storage/DAPRCompatibility.

Regards
Shaan

I am an HPE Employee
Register a Kudo by clicking the thumb if this helped in your issue.
Please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution if issue is resolved.
------------------------

Accept or Kudo