3314 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error mount NFS share in Read Write

Davide Depaoli_3
Valued Contributor

Error mount NFS share in Read Write

Hello,

I'm using StoreOnce VSA G4 1TB free version and have not official HPE support. I'm trying to mount NFS to RHEL base system (Datacore VfilO). During the mount operation, the target system does some test. Most of them passes, but the last fail with following error.

I'm able to mount the share in Read Only mode, so I think that it is definitely a permission problem on the StoreOnce.

Try to change mtime to { sec=11, nsec=0 }.
(respecting server time granularity { sec=1, nsec=0 }.)
SETATTR failed to set mtime. Expected { sec=11, nsec=0 }; Actual { sec=1579270772, nsec=0 }.
GETATTR failed.
Failed.

Is possibile to see via CLI something like /etc/export file on *ux server ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Davide

2 REPLIES 2
AshrafK
HPE Pro

Dear David,

Looks like the VSA running in the demo mode ( free version license) is expired. Once the VSA running demo mode license expires the StoreOnce FileSystem enters in the read-only mode, and the expired demo license cannot be reactivated.

Ashraf Khan
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Davide Depaoli_3
Valued Contributor

Hello,

On my StoreOnce I have 1TB free license that doesn't expire. If I mount the same share to a "standard"  UX/Windows NFS client, I'm able to write on this share.

Just to explain, Datacore vFilO is a NAS solution that is able to import and assimilate the content of an external nas/filer. To do this, it make some tests to be sure to correctly manage the external share content.

Many of these tests pass, the only one that fails i:

Try to change mtime to { sec=0, nsec=1100 }.
(respecting server time granularity { sec=0, nsec=100 }.)

Doing the same import/assimilate process on an NFS share created on Windows NFS server, the process is successful.

thank you

Regards

Davide