Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreOnce Backup Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP B6200 CONFIGURATION - MANAGEMENT CONSOLE SETUP

Kumdist
Valued Contributor

HP B6200 CONFIGURATION - MANAGEMENT CONSOLE SETUP

I have a new B6200 which came factory integrated. However, I had a hardtime getting the management console setup for access on my network.

Following the Recommended Configuration Guidelines  & the CLI Reference Guide, I seleted template 5 which suited my network.

Connecting directly to Node1, logging on using the default Admin account,  i ran net set config TEMPLATE5

,put in all the required network details and had the "Login to the management console address at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (192.168.13.2)" appear on the monitor.

However, I wasnt able to ping or connect to the management console at all. Does it take a while to apply or is there any thing i missed? Even after 24 hrs now, still no change. 

i retried the setup for another 4 times and still no luck. Are there any commands I need to run apart from the net set config TEMPLATEx? 

1 REPLY
Emil Velez_2
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP B6200 CONFIGURATION - MANAGEMENT CONSOLE SETUP

on my systems we use 2 networks. the 172.186 network and the 192.168 network.. By default I had the fusion manager running on the 172.186 network.. I wanted to also have a fusion manager on the 192 network.

I found this command to do it.
research it and look it over.

Ibrix_fm –c 192.168.71.190 -d bond1:0 –n 255.255.0.0 –v user
Emil Velez
Instructor Storage, Servers, HP-UX and Partner Courses
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Education Services
Ask me about training on StoreServ (3PAR) StoreOnce, StoreEasy, StoreAll, StoreVirtual, HP-UX, ServiceGuard and HPE Partner Ready Certification Training

internet: Emil.Velez@hpe.com
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

HPE Master ASE Server Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE Storage Solutions Architect V2
HP UNIX Certified (ASE HPUX 11iv3 Administration V1)
Certified HPE Instructor
HPE Product Certified - OneView [2016]
HP Sales Certified -Servers, Converged Systems and Services [2015]
HPE Product Certified - Converged Solutions [2017]