4917 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Housekeeping for StoreOnce

Zimmler
Occasional Visitor

Housekeeping for StoreOnce

Hello,

we have a StoreOnce5250 with FW 4.1.1 and we use this as VTL. We have erased the spare tapes in the backupsoftware (Commvault).  Our problem is, that we cant find the configuration point to start the space reclamation (or housekkeeping) the get more free space. In the documantation we havent found anything to this. Can anybody help us?

Thanks

Jan

3 REPLIES 3
GaneshPrasad
HPE Pro

Hello ,

As per the design once you delete the tapes in the back up software it should trigger the House keping to start.

During Housekeeping StoreOnce also reads, re-verifies and re-writes the data to disk. Not only that we use that process to optimize how the data is laid out on disk for better restore performance. Housekeeping is performed based on the blackout windows configured and if none are defined, it occurs while no other activity takes place and is I/O intensive. The ability for customers define housekeeping windows is an option. It ensures all the performance of the appliance is available for critical operations. However, they need to ensure that the backup/restore/replication are completed in a definite schedule and sufficient time allowed for housekeeping to process jobs and reclaim space accordingly.

If any issues please log a support case.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Zimmler
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

thanks for your answer. Where can I see, that the housekeeping process is running and how many diskspace will be free? Can I start this process manualy?

Thanks

Jan

GaneshPrasad
HPE Pro

Hello,

The process is automatic, once its deleted  house keeping is triggered.

Have some time for the house keeping start and finish.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo