No license installed on D2D B6500

Hi,

Please have a look at this and advice:

On the HP D2D B6500, the command line interface shows the followings: 

License# show

License (s):

No licenses installed

License#

Please i would like to know about the implication of having nolicenses installed.

Thanks!

Yaboto

2 REPLIES 2
ram_eranki
HPE Pro

Re: No license installed on D2D B6500

We have a 90 day Instant On license available for the appliance.. Provides you full capabilities for this duration. See instructions for applying a "demo" license. At the end of 90 days, the shares/stores will go read only. You can regain full control upon applying a valid icense after this duration.

USer Guides are available here : http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/storage/info-library/index.aspx

You'll need HPE Passport for access.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: No license installed on D2D B6500

Hello Yaboto, 

The StoreOnce system has additional features that will require a license for its use. Replication, Catalyst, Additional Capacity, Encryption and Secure Erase are examples of features that require additional licenses. 

If you don't use any of the above at the moment then there is no need for licenses to be installed. As mentioned on previous reply, if you would like to try any of the features above you can install the demo license which is valid for 90 days. After this period the features would require a permanent license if you want to continue using them. 

Thanks

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo