5878 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem with configuring HPE RMC-V

jijo0068
Occasional Visitor

Problem with configuring HPE RMC-V

Hi,

I am trying to set up a RMC-V installation with a 3PAR 8200 and a StoreOnce 3500, I have gotten most of it to work but when I try to an express protect it takes the snapshot but it cannot transfer it to the StoreOnce.

It fails with the error "Failed to attach snapshot(s)to RMC data mover 127.0.0.1 with error: Host persona does not match."

I am pretty sure I am missing something since this is the first time I am trying to do this, not sure what it is though but I suspect the 3PAR, anyone have any idea on what I need to do to get this working?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Nitesh_123
HPE Pro

Re: Problem with configuring HPE RMC-V

Hello @jijo0068,

Below are the links to the documents which might be helpful for you:

HPE Recovery Manager Central 5.0.0 User Guide.

HPE Recovery Manager Central 5.0.0 for VMware User Guide.

If this helps you resolving your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.

If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.

Thanks and Regards,

@Nitesh_123

Accept or Kudo

Howard Ambler
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I also have the same issue and currently have a call open with tech support.

I will let you know if they resolve.

We alos think its the 3PAR as it should create the correct host record on the Storeserv but is failing when we install the VMDirectPath

AlSlater
Occasional Advisor

Persona does not match occurs when using FC, and that FC HBA WWN has been reused from some prior host connectivity to the 3Par.

If you delete the existing FC host entry with that WWN on the 3Par, RMC will recreate it with the correct persona we expect to find (generic/alua).

al