New Discussion юеВ

Re: Query on Storeonce

SOLVED
Go to solution
SEENIVASANP
Advisor

Query on Storeonce

Hi Team,

What is serive set in Storeonce? How it's configured? 

Regards,

Srihari

5 REPLIES 5
Ayaaz
HPE Pro

Hello Srihari, 

A service set in a StoreOnce is a collection of various services, such as VTL, NAS, Replication, and StoreOnce Catalyst.

Once your StoreOnce is installed and storage is configured the auto-configuration process registers and starts a service set by launching a process on the server for each of the services.

Administrators can create elements such as libraries, NAS shares, replication mappings, and StoreOnce Catalyst stores for a service set.

For a single node configuration there is only one service set for all the services. 

However, in a multinode configuration there is one service set per node maximum of eight. 

Service set is configured and starts automatically once the storage is properly configured and file system is mounted. 

Thanks, 

Ayaaz

I work for HPE
SEENIVASANP
Advisor

Hi Ayaaz,

Could see 4 service sets (1 -4 ) running with 4 Different nodes which has main node & Failover node.  How do i know does it single node or multinode?

Ayaaz
HPE Pro

Hi, 

Since there are more than one node and  service set running then it is a multi-node system.

The multinode system is designed on a couplet basis. One couplet will have two nodes and there will be two service sets running per couplet. 

So all the failover and failback of the service set happens within the nodes of that couplet only. 

The multinode system can go upto 4 couplet and can have maximum of eight service sets. 

Since you have 4 node and 4 service sets which means you have a two couplet multinode system.

Hope this answers your query. 

I work for HPE
SEENIVASANP
Advisor

it make sense however how 2 couplets can be configured multinode system and what is the benifit of it? how network's can be configured for 6600?

Ayaaz
HPE Pro
Solution

There are multiple benefits of the multinode system, I can list a few

1. High Availability 

2. Shared filesystem for increase in capacity

3. Load balancing

Also there are number of ways with which the network can be configured. 

You can use a template to configure the network, or you can use GUI/CLI to do it. 

There are options to have different range of management IP's and different range of Data IP's.

You can find the user guide for StoreOnce 6600 here

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c05273907

I work for HPE