New Discussion

Re: Reclaim Space On D2D4312 - G2

SOLVED
Go to solution
NeilW_2
Occasional Advisor

Reclaim Space On D2D4312 - G2

Hello All,

I am currently using 17TB's of my 17.8TB's that is available. For transistional purposes I had two virtual libraries created. I have this morning deleted the one that I no longer require. However, that has not made a dent in the space that i have availble to me. I am now very worried that i am going to run out of space.

Is there a way to force some sort of "tidy up" to free up the white space on the D2D? It has been one hour now since i deleted the library.

Many thanks,

Neil Watson

5 REPLIES 5
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor
Solution

Since the D2D was nearly 100% full, the deletion was a good starting point. You need allow housekeeping to run and clean up the free space. This could take from several hours to 1-2 days. If this gets stuck, a reboot could also help. Check you housekeeping blackout window.

Regards,

Sebastian

NeilW_2
Occasional Advisor

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for the reply, where would i see or find the housekeeping blackout window? I can see the replication blackout window, is this the same thing?

Does the housekeeping only run during this time period?

Many thanks,

Neil Watson

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

The housekeeping window is located in the system settings in the WebUI. Housekeeping is "paused" when the blackout window is active. You should see it easily. Make sure housekeeping is not blocked by the housekeeping window and let the system return to a normal level over time. What version of firmware are you running on the box?

Regards,

Sebastian

NeilW_2
Occasional Advisor

Sebastian,

Thanks for your help. I now have 8GB used so im in a much better position. After your e-mail yesterday I set up a replication blackout to run over night and i stopped all jobs running to the D2D for the night time period. Im not sure the blackout window did anything at all, I belive i just had to wait. I can not see any housekeeping blackout window in the settings at all, that may be due to ,as you say, my old firmware version of 200.485.

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Yeah, upgrade to 2.2.13 or later and you should have this option available. It is a good thing, since it will allow you to define when housekeeping is done. Placing it outside the regular backup window will improve backup speed. Don't forget to upgrade system firmware, too.

Regards,
Sebastian