1753797 Members
7435 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Slow Write Speeds NetBackup SLP to Tape

bluepeter
Occasional Visitor

Slow Write Speeds NetBackup SLP to Tape

We have an issue where if a NetBackup Duplication to tape via an SLP overruns, then it begins to slow down to about 11Mb/Sec.

This is from a StoreOnce 5100 which is Fibre Attched to a Brocade DCX, to a Quantum Scalar Tape Library which is also Fibre attached via Brocade DCX.

We used to have a similar issue when we had Data Domain dd860's, which slowed down due to Data Block Optimisation. The older the block, the lesser the optimisation, so the copy to tape was very slow.

It does look like we are suffering from a similar issue. Does anybody know if the StoreOnce suffers from the same issue ?.

3 REPLIES 3
Dane_L
HPE Pro

What Storeonce software version are you running?  

Are you copying from a catalyst store or from VTL? If a catalyst store, then what version of OST are you using?

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
bluepeter
Occasional Visitor

Version is 3.18.2-1809.1

Via Catalyst Store. Plugin version is 4.0.0.580.

Dane_L
HPE Pro

I would start with getting the system updated to 3.18.5 and using the latest version of the OST

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo