1748171 Members
4039 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

StoreOnce 4500 other LUNs keeping Quick Restore from booting

CSI Robert Olson
Occasional Contributor

StoreOnce 4500 other LUNs keeping Quick Restore from booting

I'm trying to reinitialize a StoreOnce 4500 with the Quick Restore (tried several versions for 4500). it goes through the process without errors, but won't boot to it afterwards, no boot found.

Found that the P1224 has previous LUNs defined (but not connected to drives) when viewing the Storage in ILO, and the Quick Restore creates a new one, but it's not the first LUN 1, so I guess that is why it's not booting. I have tried all sorts of HPE tools to clear the previous LUNs, like Intelligent Provisioning Erase Storage, SSA (doesn't see P1224), SSACLI (doesn't see P1224). Also tried Offline SSA and SSACLI (both don't see P1224), latest and older versions of HP Service Packs.

StoreOnce Quick Restore doesn't seem to delete these alien LUNs as mentioned in the service guide, it says to  delete storage first, but that did not happen in this case. Also, the existing drives were secured erased before trying to restore this fresh.

Does anyone know of a way to clear these LUNs from the P1224 so that the Quick Restore works correctly?

1 REPLY 1
Dane_L
HPE Pro

Re: StoreOnce 4500 other LUNs keeping Quick Restore from booting

Did you get this resolved?

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo