4924 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: StoreOnce 4700 GUI hangs when Catalyst Items deleted

Johnc_3
Trusted Contributor

StoreOnce 4700 GUI hangs when Catalyst Items deleted

Hi,

After a catastrophic Data Protector crash we now have a lot of 'zombie' backup sessions left on our StoreOnce 4700.  The only way I can clean these up is to delete the individual catalyst items using the StoreOnce web GUI.  However, after deleting about four or five items the StoreOnce web GUI completely hangs and the only way of restoring GUI access is by rebooting the StoreOnce appliance completely.  While the web interface is hanging all other functions (backup/restore) continue to function.

Any ideas?

John

------------------
Kudos gratefully accepted - How to assign...
3 REPLIES 3
Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

What code rev are you running on your 4700? 3.12.0, 3.12.1, 3.13.1, etc?

Johnc_3
Trusted Contributor

Hi Ken,

I'm using 3.12.1-1513.3

John

------------------
Kudos gratefully accepted - How to assign...
Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

First thing you'd probably hear is get to 3.13.1.  However, HP lately with the bigger Storeonce units (the 6200/6500 series, anyway) has wanted to look at a support ticket to make sure the device is healthy before upgrade.

I'd suggest opening a case.  I ran into the hung GUI a couple of times with older software on my 6200/6500 units.  I've had to do manual deletes of Catalyst media, but I haven't had the GUI hang on me.

I also just got my first couple of 4700's in recently, so I don't have a lot of experience with them.