1753929 Members
8637 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: StoreOnce Catalyst Copy Utility

Tinux
Frequent Advisor

StoreOnce Catalyst Copy Utility

I have a setup with Veeam and two 5100's with full Catalyst licenses.
Veeam has yet to implement Catalyst Replication, so we are still bound to copying between appliances using the Veeam gateway servers. 

I configured both 5100's with 2 stores each: a short term and long term store. Backup goes to the short term as primary target and a copy job will takes it to the long term on the remote 5100 as secondary target with extended retentions. 

Now I do want to have a full copy of the long term on both 5100's, so the idea is to have the StoreOnce Catalyst Copy Utility do that job. If the situation calls for restores from those Catalyst copies, there will be many way's to retreive them with Veeam, so I don't worry about that.

Now the thing is that I can not get my head around the StoreOnce Catalyst Copy Utility. The documentation is not really helpfull, I had to figure a lot of stuff out by just trying out commands like: how to configure the security access from the utility to the appliances. I have setup a simple test with 2 stores and some backups, but whatever option I use on the CLI: no objects are being copied or are eglible for copy at all.

What are the proper CLI commands to have objects replicated from one store to another with this utility ?

4 REPLIES 4
GaneshPrasad
HPE Pro

Dear @Tinux,

You will not be able to do that , the catalyst copy is using a field that has to be marked as completed.

Veeam does not modify that field, hecne the tool does not find any jobs to copy.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

AviShaul

Hi,

Just wanted to ask you if there is officeal document that saying that i cannot use this tool to copy between storeonce after VEEAM backup ?

I'm HPE employee also and we have this issue with 1 of our customer that reach 99% capacity utilization and cannot migrate his data to a new Storeonce ...

is there any way to do that ?

CygnusX1

Near as I can tell, Veeam actually DOES mark their data jobs as complete. At least, that is how they appear when browsing data jobs in my Catalyst stores.

It'd be nice to use this utility to move Veeam backup ojects between Catalyst stores since Veeam cannot do this natively.

Tinux
Frequent Advisor

I noticed this post in the Veeam forum:

Re: No Catalyst Copy support?
Well, the rumour is partially true. v10 will indeed support Catalyst Copy for replication of backups between repositories, but not via the Files tab.