StoreOnce Backup Storage

StoreOnce Cloud Bank Storage with Backup Exec

Bernd_Z

StoreOnce Cloud Bank Storage with Backup Exec

Because we have not received a clear statement from HPE so far, but in some HPE sources this is stated, can someone tell us if with the StoreOnce Catalyst Plug-in 4.2.1 also Cloud Bank Storage with Veritas Backup Exec is supported?
I refer to the release notes of the plug-in 4.2.1 and the corresponding user guide.
HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Plug-in 4.2.1 for Veritas BackupExec Release Notes 
HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Plug-in 4.2.1 forVeritas BackupExec User Guide 

However, the existing support from the information in the SPOCKS document and that of an HPE employee speaks against this.

Is there an HPE employee here who can confirm that Cloud Bank Storage with Veritas Backup Exec is officially supported or not? And I don't mean Veritas NetBackup!

We currently have a StoreOnce 3640 in use.

1 REPLY 1
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: StoreOnce Cloud Bank Storage with Backup Exec

Hello @Bernd_Z,

Thank you for using HPE StoreOnce Backup Storage Forum. 

I reviewed the documentation and see that direct backups to Cloud Bank Storage is not supported with Backup Exec as you see it detailed in SPOCKS. As per the user guide "Cloud Bank Storage stores are supported as copy,not backup, targets. Configuration and integration with data protection software is similar to a standardStoreOnce Catalyst store."

You can backup to a local store and then use the cat copy fuction to go to Cloud Bank Storage. 

Hope this helps. 

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo