StoreOnce Backup Storage

Storeonce 3520 what is the generated CRS public key length on the SSL certificate page?

SOLVED
Go to solution
sergio_rolandi
Occasional Advisor

Storeonce 3520 what is the generated CRS public key length on the SSL certificate page?

Hello community,

My customer needs to upload an SSL CA certificate to a Storeonce 3520.

They will generate the CA certificate locally.

They asked me what are the steps and which characteristics should this CA certificate have.

One of them is:  which length is the public key created by the CRS request, 2048 bit?

I couldn't find this info on manuals or internet, also do you have any advice on the procedure?

Thanks for the support, regards

3 REPLIES 3
Josh94K
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Storeonce 3520 what is the generated CRS public key length on the SSL certificate page?

Hello @sergio_rolandi ! Good day! 

• The StoreOnce Management GUI is accessed via the HTTPS protocol which requires the exchange of an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate to authenticate the connection between the web browser and the StoreOnce appliance.

• SSL Certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization's details. When installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the HTTPS protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser

• An SSL Certificate Authority (CA) is an entity that is trusted to sign, issue, distribute and revoke digital certificates. ... It binds a public key to an entity. 2. It encrypts the data transferred between two systems so data can only be interpreted by the intended receiver.  length of the public key created by the CRS request is 2048 bit Long

Procedure | Generating certificate signing requests (CSR)

1. 1. On the main menu, select Settings.
  2. In the Security section, click the Certificates panel.
  3. On the Certificates screen, select Generate CSR on the Actions menu.
  4. On the Generate CSR dialogue, click the edit icon ( ).
  5. On the Distinguished Name dialogue, replace the default properties that were provided with the StoreOnce System with the properties for your environment. Click OK. The screen returns to the Generate CSR dialogue.

IMPORTANT: In a security certificate, the Common Name, and Subject Alternative Name (if any), must match the hostname of the system. Otherwise, browsers will report that the host is not trusted.

1. On the Generate CSR dialogue, a message warns that changing the Distinguished Name will cause the screen to refresh. This message is expected behaviour. To proceed to the Certificate Signing Request dialogue, click Change.
  2. On the Certificate Signing Request dialogue, click View Certificate Sign Request (CSR).
  3. On the Certificate Signing Request dialogue, follow the onscreen instructions to copy the CSR text to your clipboard. Click OK.

TIP: Depending on your certificate authority, you might need to save the CSR text to a file. Or, you might paste it into another application.

1. In a separate application, submit the CSR to your certificate authority. When you receive the certificates.

For More information regarding Generating and importing the certificate please refer to the following guide.  https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1053323444.pdf |  refer ( page 185 to 187)

@sergio_rolandi I hope this helps!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDO! thumb below.

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.
sergio_rolandi
Occasional Advisor

Re: Storeonce 3520 what is the generated CRS public key length on the SSL certificate page?

Thank you Josh, very usefull info, just what I needed.

Kudos and have a nice day!

Josh94K
HPE Pro

Thank you for your kind response @sergio_rolandi , glad I could be of help

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDO! thumb below.

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.