1752305 Members
5393 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Trying to use reporting central

Emil Velez_2
Trusted Contributor

Trying to use reporting central

I am trying to use reporting central and it requires a certificate.  I am trying to follow the instructions to export and import the certificate from one appliance to another.

it says to export the certificate on one appliance then ftp into the appliance to copy it to the local PC then ftp the certificate to the other applaince that you want to run reporting central on.

The issue when I try to ftp into the first appliance I get no response using ftp.  SSH doesnt show me the repository directory so I cannot check that the cert is there.

Please advise if I have to turn on ftp on the storeonce appliance. (Appliance is a VSA and have also tried it with a 2610 and b6200 ftp doesnt seem to work.

EMil

Emil Velez
Instructor Storage, Servers, HP-UX and Partner Courses
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Education Services
Ask me about training on StoreServ (3PAR) StoreOnce, StoreEasy, StoreAll, StoreVirtual, HP-UX, ServiceGuard and HPE Partner Ready Certification Training

internet: Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

HPE Master ASE Server Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE Storage Solutions Architect V2
HP UNIX Certified (ASE HPUX 11iv3 Administration V1)
Certified HPE Instructor
HPE Product Certified - OneView [2016]
HP Sales Certified -Servers, Converged Systems and Services [2015]
HPE Product Certified - Converged Solutions [2017]
1 REPLY 1
SvMel687
HPE Pro

Re: Trying to use reporting central

Hello,

please try to use scp protocol to connect VSA applliance  and copy of certificate.

For example you can use application WinSCP.

Connect to the VSA appliance and copy exported certificate from /repository and move to another VSA with WinSCP too to the /repository and the you can import certificate in Reporting central.

Im HP employee