1753365 Members
6240 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VLS 6518 tapes gone

Justin_130
Occasional Advisor

VLS 6518 tapes gone

I had to shut down our vls 6518 to reroute some power. I shut it down correctly using the shutdownnow command. When I brought it back up and went into command view all my carts. were gone. What can I do? Carts. are no where not even in firesafe. If I recreate my tapes I will lose the data. I dont understand how this could have happened. How can I get my carts. back?
4 REPLIES 4
scot dowdy_1
Occasional Advisor

Possibly , the MSA20 arrays may not have been powered up & ready when the ProLiant server comes up and scans for MSA20 LUN devices connected to the SA6400 SCSI controller HBA. The way to fix & avoid this problem is to (in order) :
1) power down the ProLiant server and all MSA20 arrays connected to it
2) power up all MSA20 arrays and wait for them to come ready (all drive LEDS are lit GREEN)
3) power up the ProLiant server and he will be able to discover all MSA20 device LUNs connected to the SA6400 controler HBAs

Give this a try. If this is the problem your data is still there and will accessbile.
Justin_130
Occasional Advisor

I have tried this and I still dont have my carts. The available disk space is not showing the correct amount of free disk space if I really lost them. That tells me the data is still on the drives.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

you should verify from the cv if all shelf are seen, check each shelf for any abnormal led, check all connections, check if licenses are seen correctly, check in the logs you may found interesting info related to what happens,
Justin_130
Occasional Advisor

Hp sent out another 6400 controller and it fixed the problem.