5946 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VLS 6800 Serial number

Moon_3
Advisor

VLS 6800 Serial number

Hi All,
I am trying to find the SL# for the DL585 enclosure on the VLS 6800 that we have. The old ones use to ship with the SL # tags and sticker on the front. But the newer ones have the SL# on the sides and no tags.You can't get to the serial number stickers after they are bayed together.

Is there a way for me to log into the VLS/585 to find the SL # of dl585 enclosure?i am not looking for the SL that shows on the VLS web console.
The SL# i am looking for starts with an "EN"

thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Kevin Collins_11
Frequent Advisor

Re: VLS 6800 Serial number

Hi,

The serial number should be found on the node page in the GUI.

Can you tell me what you would use the serial number of the server for?

Regards,

Kevin
Moon_3
Advisor

Thanks for your reply. Is there a way i can get this info from the CLI ? This info is for tracking our assets.

regards
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hi, may be a bit late, but the command via cli is: getchassis and you will have the serial number returned
Moon_3
Advisor

Thanks for your reply. But i am afraid that's not command to get the SL for the DL580 enclosure, instead it returns the SL of the Virtual machine .ex: it gives output starting with 00* , but the Sl of the DL580 starts with E*

Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

right, this is for the vls solution, the sn needed for tracking contract, licenses, etc.

marino
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

not sure, but if you connect to the ilo, or connect a monitor during boot up process of the node the proliant platform will probably display the serial number during post, or then enter in the bios at that time and it will be available for sure
Moon_3
Advisor

thanks again !
Basically i need this info for asset management and thats the reason i need the actual SL of the physical device. By the way Node page on the GUI also does not give the correct SL for the newer VLS's . The older VLS's that came with seperate parts was matching the Node SL # on the GUI to the actual serial number of the device.

But the newer integrated VLS's has a SL# starting with SG* on the GUI but a different SL # starting with E* on the Side of the DL580.

I think the Product team needs to keep the SL # consistent accross the board or somewhere easily accessible without having to take down the VLS's down to grab the SL# once its on production. Just my 2 cents