1752567 Members
5382 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VLS 9000 10TB Array Error

Sebastian Pawlak

VLS 9000 10TB Array Error

Hi Folks,

I've just received VLS 9000 with two 10TB capacity modules. There was no OS on the node so I've put Recovery DVD with 2.3.0 firmware.

After recovery I can connect to CV and manage VLS but I cannot see any Arrays.

During boot there is info about connecting to Array and then about Error Occurred - see /var/log/Array.log

How can I get to this file? Any ideas why VLS doesn't see array?

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sebastian
4 REPLIES 4
Kevin Collins_11
Frequent Advisor

Re: VLS 9000 10TB Array Error

Sebastian,

I would appreciate it if you could open a call with HP support. No node should ever leave manufacturing without an OS on it so I would be concerned that something else may be wrong as well.

Thanks,

Kevin
Sebastian Pawlak

Kevin,

We ordered two units of (VLS9000 + two 10TB capcity modules). As you sugested I started second one and the situation with array is similar. There was OS on the node but still doesn't see capacity module. Any ideas why?

Best regards,
Sebastian
Ernst vander Pijl

Connect the hardware as shown in the quick connect quide.

The 10TB capacity modules (MSA2000/DOTHILL) must during setup initially be configured to use DHCP. Check via the cli cable how the module is configured and change this. I had the same problem the controllers had the fixed default ip adress.

Boot from the recovery cd (with or without dedup)and the array will be configured and seen in the web gui.

Sebastian Pawlak

VLS is good and runing now.

Indeed. MSA wasn't set on dhcp so VLS node couldn't find it and that was the problem.

Thank you for help.

Regards,
Sebastian