New Discussion юеВ

Re: VLS Alert, VLS9200 10TB

Eblyn_Solis
Frequent Advisor

VLS Alert, VLS9200 10TB

Hi,

I have this alert on my VLS:

SAN Health Aborts Notification

This notification is informing you that Fibre Channel Aborts have been seen in the SAN this device is connnected to. The Aborts may have been seen at multiple locations in the SAN therefore we suggest that you go to the SAN Health Tab of the Reporting area to see which devices are causing the Aborts.

To access the SAN Health area of Reporting, please go to: System|Chassis|Reporting|SAN Health

I check fiber switch and is fine.
I have no idea that this problem is, someone could help me?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If I don't remember wrong it may be that something else is trying to access the VLS.

If possible try to be as restrictive as possible with the zoning. So that only the server accessing the VLS is zoned to it.
Eblyn Solis
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
The problem is that I have many servers connected to the VLS by the fiber, but we will verify the  zoning to see if we find something strange.

regards

Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

OK. Yeah I guess you can't do anything about that.

It might be that a server is doing something not so good.

You could monitor the port error stats on the SAN-switch ports where the servers are connected (and also the VLS of course). Maybe through that you can find out if there's something physically broken.

As for configurations with the VLS I don't know unfortunately. Do you need to have all servers connected all the time? Maybe you can try some kind of elimination process.

I believe HP support has some fairly good tools to help narrow this down.