1752304 Members
4657 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

VLS6518 Error after Software update

Peter Strauss
Occasional Contributor

VLS6518 Error after Software update

On my VLS6518 i made a software update from 1.0.13 to 1.2.0.
Now i cannot manage VLS with command view TL.
When i want to login on then console i get the error "Unable to find java path." and fall back to the login prompt.
Do anyone have a solution?

Thank you

P.S. This thread has been moved from Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business) to Disk-Based Backup. - Hp Forum moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Re: VLS6518 Error after Software update

Hey,

What is the software which you have updated?? Can u post the link of the update?

regards,
Sunny
Peter Strauss
Occasional Contributor
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Please check if the Java support is enabled in the browser. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) plug-in v1.4 or later from Sun Microsystems should be installed.

Try and remove the Java and install the latest and check if that helps.

Also, I would recommend to get on to the major release 2.0 as version 1.X is not a good firmware to be on.

Regards,
Sunny
Peter Strauss
Occasional Contributor

The only way to solve the Problem was a Restore to V1.1.0 with Quick Recovery-CD.
Now i have a license violation. When i want to install the additional licence key, Comman view tl reports an error "License already exists on the management station".
But i cannot see this license under "License Key Summary". Where are the licenses stored, and how can i remove this license?
The VLS shows no Cartridges and a Capacitiy of 0GB. Is this an effect of the license violation?

Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Please read this customer advisory...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01117520〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=470405&prodTypeId=12169

Regards,
Sunny
Peter Strauss
Occasional Contributor

Thank you sunny!

I know this file, but the license i want to install is not listet in it!