1748198 Members
2559 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

moving B6200 to different site - making IP address changes

yamoo
Occasional Contributor

moving B6200 to different site - making IP address changes

We are planning to move a fully configured and working B6200 from one site to another. My query is that I have search for possible documentention on how to effect IP address and net parameter changes once the appliance is cabled and connected at the new site.

Has any one an HP  guided steps or documentation as regards to this change? Please kindly share with me.

3 REPLIES 3
Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

Re: moving B6200 to different site - making IP address changes

Yamoo,

You don't say what version of the software you're running (3.6.2, 3.6.5, etc).  But if you rerun the network wizard you should be able to configure your new IP address range.  Same commands as the initial setup.

I want to say net set wizard is the command, but that may vary by software version (HP types, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

The initial setup and configuration document should walk you through that.

HTH

Ken

yamoo
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your response. the software version on the B6200 is 3.11.6 Does this version still allow reconfiguration of the network using "net set wizard" or is there other things to be done outside this wizard. Not sure if this is one of  the versions where net template has been removed from the wizard.

thanks.

Yamoo

Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

Yamoo,

3.11.6 should have the "net set wizard" command.  I know 3.11.4 does.

It was older versions where I questioned that functionality.

HTH

Ken