New Discussion юеВ

Re: problem StoreOnce 4430

SOLVED
Go to solution
tone kavcic
Occasional Advisor

problem StoreOnce 4430

Hello

We have a problem with StoreOnce 4430. During backup device startt to block, it was no possible to shutdown or reboot device regularry. We have to switch off/switch on StoreOnce 4430 physically, after restart all HW diagnostic is OK, but VTL librariies are not visible

We see the following status, all HW looks fine

system show status

1.jpg

We see the following errors on console of StoreOnce 4430

2.png

Any idea how we could fix it?

5 REPLIES 5
shanmuhanandam
HPE Pro

Hi Tone Kavcic,

This seems, that storage is booted first before the node. Try rebooting the system again. (do not remove any power cables). 

If still issue remains as same, then you need to contact support to mount the filesystem manually. 

Regards,

Shan 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

tone kavcic
Occasional Advisor

Hello

I use putty and connect to Storeonce. Using serviceset start I stareted the service, but unfortunatelly not succesfull. I see now all VTL libraries, but are not started. In events I have received the following error

[ssid1] : D2DManager process state has changed: OK to Critical (SMM, ResMgr, VTManager, NASMan, Replication, ObjectStore, RpcServer)

ANy idea how to resolve it?

shanmuhanandam
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes the service set will not start, because the file system is not mounted. You need to get the root shell password from hpsupport and then mount the fileystem.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

tone kavcic
Occasional Advisor
Solution

After investigation we found out that we have HW problem. We see that discovered storage was only 32 TB instead 50 TB, discovery storage command fails with strange error. WHen we look at chassis we found problem with one controller which was then replaced and after that it starts to work fine, so problem is resolved. But it was interesting that all HW statuses on StoreOnce were OK despite we have this HW problem.

AshrafK
HPE Pro

If the StoreOnce didn't report events to the GUI when there was a hardware issue in the unit, I'd recommend to check the current running OS version and make sure all the patches are installed ( with HPE support assistance).  

Ashraf Khan
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo