StoreVirtual Storage
1748244 Members
4130 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 2x DL380 HPE VSA 12.7, install WS2016 Failover Cluster on same Servers for others VMs

LudvikR
Occasional Contributor

2x DL380 HPE VSA 12.7, install WS2016 Failover Cluster on same Servers for others VMs

Hi Team, I have ...

2x DL380 Gen10 with 2x 10Gb ports on each (Srv1, Srv2), WS2016 with Hyper-V on each and install VSA 12.7 in Hyper-V on each. And I installed other VMs to Srv1 ... etc.

My question?
Can I install to role Failover Cluster on this Hyper-V hosts, connect VSA Storage as Cluster Shared Storage and doing Live Migration of VMs from Srv1 to Srv2 and backward ... if one of Srv is down?
If I installed Failover Cluster role on Srv1 and Srv2 with Cluster Shared Storage, Live Migration VMs don´t fully function ... in my case, during Live Migration, the VM is stopped, migrated, and then started, which corresponds to Quick Migration.

Can I run HPE StoreVirtual VSA and Failover Cluster on 2 servers at the same time? Or, the HPE StoreVirtual VSA is a autonomous system and no more roles and virtual machines can be run there?

Thank you ... Ludvik

1 REPLY 1
GlowS
HPE Pro

Re: 2x DL380 HPE VSA 12.7, install WS2016 Failover Cluster on same Servers for others VMs

Hello Ludvik,

Can I run HPE StoreVirtual VSA and Failover Cluster on 2 servers at the same time?

Yes this is possible. 

Can I install to role Failover Cluster on this Hyper-V hosts, connect VSA Storage as Cluster Shared Storage and doing Live Migration of VMs from Srv1 to Srv2 and backward ... if one of Srv is down?

This should also work without VM going down I suppose if all the nodes have access to the VSA cluster and the volumes in the VSA cluster are in NR10 configuration.

Gloria Simi
Technical Solution Consultant

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo