1753406 Members
7436 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ALARM = E00020101: EID Utilization Excessive

chadw_1
Advisor

ALARM = E00020101: EID Utilization Excessive

Error Text: The cluster 'ClusterName' utilization is 99.88%. This utilization value exceeds 95.00%.

We have a volume that is FULL provisioned to the maximum size of the volume. We did this intentionally and use the space for VSPHERE Virtual disks both thin and fully provisioned.

Since this was intentional, this alarm is redundant. Is there any way to turn it off?
7 REPLIES 7
Jitun
HPE Pro

I think if you change the Volume to Thin Provisioned, you would not receive the Alarm.

You will start receiving the Alarm only when the actual space utilization goes above 95%

As Thin provisioning on a P4000 SAN is like a light switch, turn it off and on all you want, volume by volume.
So no need to dread making this decision, you can change your mind anytime.
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Agree, there should be a way to disable this alarm or be able to change the trigger value. We see a similar problem within CV-EVA on license capacity alarms and the EVA can't even do THP.

Are the engineers no longer thinking what/how they are implementing and how it effects daily use of their products or are they that much detached from reality??
chadw_1
Advisor

Yes, we did not get this alarm when the volume was thing provisioned but we no longer wish to thin provision it for reasons related to Vmware performance whether real or imagined.

Since full provisioning is an option in the VSA, the alerting should be able to reflect this correctly.
stevep4

I'd also like to support chadw's request... we're in exactly the same situation... and I would also prefer not to mark the disks as thin provisioned... but would rather alter the alarm, or turn it off.

Please can this ability be added sometime soon?!

Cheers,

Steve
Jitun
HPE Pro

I believe it might be implemented in the next version .. aka v9.5
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

Zylex

Any News on this? Im on Version 12.5 an still getting this Alarm..

oikjn
Honored Contributor

I'm sure they have no intention of turning that off.

There is really no need to run FULL provisioned LUNs.  I don't understand their logic, but if you have  FULL LUN and make a snapshot, it will be a FULL snapshot as well!  Rebuilds and restripes will be faster on Thin LUNs as well.  If your only reason for using FULL is because you don't want to overprovision your SAN, you can still achieve that same result if you just don't make your thin volumes total reported size larger than your actual capacity.