StoreVirtual Storage
1752662 Members
5301 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Adding new VMWare Player FOM - Registration needed?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

Adding new VMWare Player FOM - Registration needed?

I added a new VM Ware Fom on a dfifferent machine, removed old FOM from the MG. After finishing I received a message that I need to register at https:\\webware.hp.com and keep my license and feature keys at hand. When I go to the website I get a new landing page, when logging in with HP password I end up on a commercial site promoting HP touchpads. Duh...

The storage nodes show they are licensed, of the new FOM I am not sure. Everything is working.

To be sure, were do we go for registration now on the new HP site?  

TIA,

Fred 

4 REPLIES 4
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding new VMWare Player FOM - Registration needed?

Hi,

I just checked the mentioned URL (which is the right one by the way) and for me  it seems to work...

In the middle of the picture there is a link Generate Licenses... That's the one U need...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

I think that is just a wrong message from the CMC - the FOM does not require a license key - does it?

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

That is correct, the FOM does not need a license...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

HP has fixed the landing site so after clicking generate licences and login with HP passport it now goes to activation.