6124 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Adding new storage to existing Cluster

IraMae
Occasional Contributor

Adding new storage to existing Cluster

Good afternoon,

I have a storage that had existing nodes in it. I moved this storage to a new location. If I add this to the cluster in the new location, will the nodes in it be overwritten? 

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@IraMae

We need to understand the Environment before we can recommend anything here.
1. How many Clusters are there in the Management Group
2. If you are moving all the Nodes in all the Clusters 
3. If you are moving all the Nodes in one Cluster
4. Will there be a change in the Network (IP Address) in the new location

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@IraMae - Please share the information to look into the query. 

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@IraMae - Please share the requested information to look into the query. 

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@IraMae 

Please share the information to look into the query

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

IraMae
Occasional Contributor

@Rachna-K 

There is one cluster with 2 existing storage nodes in the Management Group. This new location has a different IP.

I wanted to make sure that by adding the storage from an OLD location it will not mess up the nodes on the existing storages in the NEW location. Will the storage node from the old location be overwritten when I add this to the cluster in the new location.

I hope that make sense. Thanks in advance!

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@IraMae

Please let us know if you will be adding these 2 Nodes to an existing Cluster with Nodes in the new Location?

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@IraMae

Please let us know if you will be adding these 2 Nodes to an existing Cluster with Nodes in the new Location?

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@IraMae

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

IraMae
Occasional Contributor

@Rachna-K  I have one (1) node to add to an existing Storage Management Group and cluster. That one node has data on it from a different management group and cluster from a different location. We do not need the existing data on it.  We would like to add that one node to an existing Management Group and Cluster with two nodes and want to ensure that the data already on the existing two node cluster will not be overridden by data on the one additional node when it is added to the existing two node cluster.

Please see attached screen shot. DR-LHN3 will be added to the DR-LHN1 and DR-LHN2 cluster.Clusters.PNG

Thanks.