6153 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Additional network card for P4500 G2

Fraguaz
Occasional Contributor

Additional network card for P4500 G2

Hi,

we have got a P4500 G2 with the default built-in network cards. We would like to add some cards to increase the speed and separate management and SAN traffic. I looked for them on the Internet but found no information.

May you tell us which card may we add?

Many thanks in advance,

Fraguaz

4 REPLIES 4
Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@Fraguaz 

Please find below the Advisory for the 10GB Upgrade Kit for G2 Nodes.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=mmr_kc-0112160  

Memory Note: The minimum Memory needed for G2 and 10gb card is 8 GBs. If the minimum memory is not met when installing 10gb card, the node will report an error in memory or will not boot.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Fraguaz
Occasional Contributor

@Rachna-K  Many thanks Rachna,

I hoped there would be a quad 1G port available.

Another quick (hopefully) question if I may ask: is there a way to distinguish the a) data traffic of the P4500 G2 and b) the control traffic? For the moment the built-in network interfaces are bond in LACP but we would like to separate them, or would you advise not to do it because there is no real necessity?

Thanks again,

Fraguaz

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@Fraguaz Np.

There is no 1GB Quad Port NIC Card for this Node.

This Node comes with a 2 Port 1GB NIC Card. Since you say there is a bond created, there is no option to use split network. We need to break the bond if you want to use different network for data and management.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@Fraguaz 

I hope the information I provided has helped you, if not kindly let me know If you have any further issues.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo