5931 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

CMC 10.5 upgrade (minor?) issue

BuddyD
Frequent Advisor

CMC 10.5 upgrade (minor?) issue

Hi folks,

Just upgraded CMC from 9.5 -> 10.5 and all seems to be well except I am unable to log in. No issues observed in the cluster, just can't seem to gain access....any ideas?

Thanks.

Buddy

2 REPLIES 2
Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Re: CMC 10.5 upgrade (minor?) issue

Hello try to doing a putty session to one of the nodes ssh to the node using port 16022, use the same user name and password that would logging into the CMC. If that works then I would try re-installing the CMC. If it doesnt work then it might be related to this but that was supposedly fixed.

The follo wing issues were fixed in the version 1 0.5 software:
• After upgrading to 10.0, storage system login failed due to a corrupted password file . In 10.0,
the password file format was changed to support Active Directory and after the 10.0 upgrade,
the older file format may still be used. The fix ensures that when upgrading from 9 .x to 10.5, the
password file format is changed to the newer file format. If you experienced this issue upgrading
to 10.0, HP Support must manually fix the issue and you can then successfully upgrade to 10.5

BuddyD
Frequent Advisor

Re: CMC 10.5 upgrade (minor?) issue

Thanks Emilio! I'll give this a shot when I have a chance and let you know how it turns out.