5422 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CMC 8.5 Install. PLEASE READ

teledata
Respected Contributor

CMC 8.5 Install. PLEASE READ

Be sure to use the autorun on the management ISO to install the new CMC 8.5

I didn't want to upload the whole managment ISO to my hosted server, so as in versions past I sent the "exe" install file (\GUI\Windows\Disk1\InstData\VM\CMC_Installer.exe) to the server and the install "appeared" to install, however the resulting CMC still reported version 8.1

In versions 8.1 and prior this method worked fine. I verified this problem on 2 installs, one on Windows 7 Pro x64, and one on Windows 2003 x64. Not sure if this problem is isolated to x64 installs.

When I mounted the management ISO, and ran the autorun.exe, and selected the CMC, it now properly reports 8.5 as the version of the CMC.

Can anyone else validate my findings?
http://www.tdonline.com
3 REPLIES 3
Arian van der Pijl
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the heads up!

I unpacked and ran the installer directly from the ISO;
SANiQ_Management_Console_8.5.00.0313_20100302.iso\GUI\Windows\Disk1\InstData\VM\CMC_Installer.exe

I did uninstall the previous management console because somehow it would not install/update correctly (same procedure).
Unfortunately I cannot remember exactly what happened but the upgrade did not went smootly :)

Regards,
Arian!
Frank Villarreal

I ran into the same issue running an isolated copy of just the EXE. I had to also have the 'Recource1.zip' and 'MediaId.properties' up one directory from the VM\CMC_Installer.exe.

So instead of copying off just the exe, take the entire 'InstData' folder.

This worked for me!

-FV
4dmir
Advisor

Hi, where can I find CMC version 8.5 for linux? I found only SAN\IQ 8.5