108798 Solutions
New Discussion

CMC unable to reach first upgraded node in 6 node cluster during 11.5 upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
fourg
Advisor

CMC unable to reach first upgraded node in 6 node cluster during 11.5 upgrade

Well I saw today that CMC was offering 11.5 again so I went for it on a non-production cluster, but I unfortunately didn't get far.  After upgrading the first node in a 6 node cluster it restarted that VSA, but once the VSA completed its restart CMC has been unable to reach it.  I've tried manually rebooting the VSA again, restart the host the VSA is on, and also confirmed I can ping the VSA IP with no issue.  CMC has been searching for this VSA for close to 90 minutes without success, and I'm afraid at this point I'm stuck in CMC purgatory.  I'll be opening up a ticket with HP, but wanted to share this as a cautionary tale for others feeling lucky.  

For those interested I've attached the log file. 

EDIT: This is a P4000 VSA in a VMware environment

1 REPLY 1
fourg
Advisor
Solution

Re: CMC unable to reach first upgraded node in 6 node cluster during 11.5 upgrade

HP Support discovered that the root cause was due to the local storage we had where the VSA resides was only 26GB, and the newer 11.5 VSA requires at least 32GB.  We added a larger disk and HP Support was able to get it up and running again.  For those using older hardware and/or small local storage for your VSA's be careful to make sure you have at least 32GB available.  Concerning that CMC didn't check this first before attempting the upgrade.