108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cache 1 Status = Disabled

SOLVED
Go to solution
JDohrmann
Occasional Advisor

Cache 1 Status = Disabled

Greetings, I have a  few Lefthand nodes (P4500G2) that recently had a bad Cache batteries swapped out.  The batteries were successfully charged and the battery errors went away, unfortunately the Cache Disabled errors did not.  I thought the Cache was suppose to re-enable itself after the battery was fully charged but this has not happened on any of the nodes.  Is there some other process I need to complete in order to activate the Cache?

4 REPLIES 4
Assen
HPE Pro

Hello JDohrmann,

try rebooting the Lefthand and check boot post messages for errors regarding cache or controller

check firmware of smart array controller(p410), should be v6.64

BR

Assen

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

JDohrmann
Occasional Advisor

Hello Assen, thanks for your help and suggestions.  I checked the post and there is a message about the battery: 

1748-Slot 3 Drive Array Unsupported Array Accelerator Battery Attached - Please install battery packs with the correct part number.

Array Accelerator is disabled.

I have confirmed the replacement battery packs are the correct spare part as listed on this site for the server:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03738506

Part number 398648-001 is the part they have listed as the replacement part for the battery and that is the same part number I have installed.

Also, I have confirmed the firmware version of the controller is 5.7

Thanks!

Assen
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello JDohrmann,

i think you have got the wrong BBUs.

The part number you are reffering is for P400 &P800 SAS controllers

398648-001 Battery module with integrated charger - Ni-MH, 4.8V, 5000mAh - For use with the Smart Array P400 and P800 SAS controller boards with battery backed write cache (BBWC)

The BBUs we send to customers for the P4500 G2 with P410 SAS controller are these:

462976-001 Battery module with integrated charger , Ni-MH, 4.8V, 650mAh - For use with the P212, P410, and P411 SAS controller boards with battery backed write cache (BBWC)

You can check in Partsurfer with the model number of the Storage

example: http://partsurfer.hpe.com/Search.aspx?type=PROD&SearchText=BQ889B

where BQ889B is the model number of the Storevirtual, replace it with yours

Please check carefully for the correct spare part number in partsurfer.

Hope this helps.

BR

Assen

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

JDohrmann
Occasional Advisor

Thank you so much Assen, I did in fact order the wrong part number.  After ordering the part number you suggested and installing them the error went away.  Thanks again!