StoreVirtual Storage
1752451 Members
6314 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can the Same Servers be available to different Management Groups in CMC?

SOLVED
Go to solution
berto1025
Occasional Visitor

Can the Same Servers be available to different Management Groups in CMC?

Hey All,

Our maintenance lapsed and we are in the process of renewing i am unable to open a ticket just yet.

I retired a pair of P4300 systems from production and added them to their own management group to maybe used for lab stuff.

Our 6 vmware hosts are presented in a server cluster in the Production managment group. I would like to be able to access the storage from the Legacy/retired P4300 systems through vmware.

When I try to create the same servers in the Legacy management group I am told that the servers already exist. I try a new name with same IP address and Initiantor Node Name and it still didn't work

So, is it possible for the same server to be present in 2 different management groups?

2 REPLIES 2
oikjn
Honored Contributor
Solution

that is really strange and must be some sort of bug with CMC itself.

Have you tried disconnecting from the STCLOUD management group and only connecting to the STCLOUD-LEGACY management group?  My guess is that if you connect only to the Legacy one, you could probably create the servers in it with them matching the production group without issue and then connect back to the production one so that you can manage both together.

berto1025
Occasional Visitor

I did exactly as you suggested and was able to add the Servers. Thank You!!