1753808 Members
8066 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Cleaning up Patch Installers?

KeithBachman
Occasional Contributor

Cleaning up Patch Installers?

So now that I've upgraded my new P4500 G2 array from SAN/iQ 9.5 to 10.5, can I just delete the files located in C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\P4000\UI\downloads?  Or is there another way to clear this cache and reclaim disk space?

I presume that if I were to add more nodes later and they weren't up to the same level from the factory, that I'd just re-download the required patches at that time when I check for updates.

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning up Patch Installers?

I want to say that I think it breaks things if you try and do that.  I believe the way to shrink those size are to first make sure you select the option to only download your required patched.  Reboot CMC (just because)... change the folder preference for the download location to a different folder.  Reboot again.  Then you can delete the current existing folder.

KeithBachman
Occasional Contributor

I did as you suggested - restarted the CMC (never a bad idea before making changes to the tool itself) - changed the download directory, and it *moved* the folder.  (The original was gone when I went to clear it) and it moved over the existing files.

So going to need another idea.  Seemed like it would work at the time.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

hmm...  I have the download "on request" option selected and "download only files applicable to my systems" seleced.

I thought that worked to clean it up.

Might just be easier to uninstall/reinstall the complete program and make sure to change those settings before it goes and downloads stuff.  You can try just deleting the files now and see if it complains, but I think it caused issues randomly when I did that.  (I ran into a space problem with my laptop with a small SSD running CMC).