1752800 Members
6220 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Coming in SAN/iQ 9.5

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Didn't see it in the list, didn't test it yet either...

Kr,
Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
RonsDavis
Frequent Advisor

Are they incorrectly supported now?
rules
Occasional Advisor
RonsDavis
Frequent Advisor

I checked my own CPU usage, and sure enough I'm using one CPU about twice as much as the other. This doesn't mean it isn't supported though. Support told me to use two CPUs, and it may not be perfectly balanced, but in what world would it be?
As for the upgrade to 9.0 not working with multiple CPUs, just move it down to one, upgrade and move it back. I didn't run into that problem myself, since my hosts were 32 bit, and in replacing the hosts, I just did a fresh 9.0 install.
Northwoods
Frequent Advisor

Per a little bird, SAN/iQ 9.5 will be released on Tuesday, October 4th.

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

SAN/IQ 9.5 is now available.

Aart Kenens
Advisor

Yup, just checked CMC and its there.

Downloading as we speak, time for some testing. 

Steve Burkett
Valued Contributor

SAN/IQ 9.5.00.1215 release notes look to be here.  Having problems getting the CMC to download the files at the moment.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I had to try myself some times to re-connect... I assume the FTP server is sometimes a little over charged...

I noticed that it downloads now in blocks so that you don't loose a lot of files when disconnected... In my case it was around 1.5GB which was downloaded in 5 or 6 times...

Downloaded this night, upgraded this morning... Worked great, everything stayed online...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It was also visible on the software depot this early morning @ https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=P4000SW

But a few hours later they flipped it back to 9.0.

I hope this isn't another form of "EVA-4400 sickness syndrome"...